Rail rider question

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
wd13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Rail rider question

Post by wd13 »

ngyoung wrote:That skull image is from the hydro dip? Or did you add that afterwards?
It is part of the hydro dip, actually the film that I dip the painted piece into. Its a zombie pattern that my son thinks is the coolest thing ever. He got the idea from a machete that I did a couple years back. We just changed the base color and didn't add the blood splatter (thought that might be inappropriate).

Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

wd13 wrote:
Vitamin K wrote:Congrats, team wd13!

I love that marble block look on the body. Is that a vinyl wrap, or is it paint?
Thank you!

We hydro dipped the car. Basically we spray a base color (automotive paint), the dip the car into pattern of choice, then clear it. It was the easiest way I knew to get a cool looking finish on the car. My son has had me do this for him on each of his two cars. He picks the design and color, I paint/dip them up.
Very, very cool. I've seen videos of hydro-dipping. It's like witchcraft. :)
wd13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by wd13 »

Vitamin K wrote:
wd13 wrote: Thank you!

We hydro dipped the car. Basically we spray a base color (automotive paint), the dip the car into pattern of choice, then clear it. It was the easiest way I knew to get a cool looking finish on the car. My son has had me do this for him on each of his two cars. He picks the design and color, I paint/dip them up.
Very, very cool. I've seen videos of hydro-dipping. It's like witchcraft. :)
Haha! I don't know that I'd call it witchcraft but it is a very neat process. I owned a Hydrographics shop for several years before selling last summer. It was always fun to see what kind of things people would bring to have done up.
wd13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by wd13 »

Here are our 4 laps in the District race Saturday. We start in the near lane, moving over each lap. Anyone know what track this is?

https://youtu.be/YeOG2fGYfxc
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

wd13 wrote:Here are our 4 laps in the District race Saturday. We start in the near lane, moving over each lap. Anyone know what track this is?
That's a BestTrack, judging from the aluminum construction, and the straight segments joined by a single curved segment.
ngyoung
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ngyoung »

Looks like a really flat slope for a best track.