Ever Hear of Krytech Dry Wax Lube

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
mehiggins101
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ever Hear of Krytech Dry Wax Lube

Post by mehiggins101 »

We are looking for something to coat the axles on my son's car. We are using oil (Krytox 100) for the first time. We have prepare the wheels with polish and Derby Worx Pro Bore Wax. Just need to know what to coat the axles with. Thought the Krytech might do the trick. I know people recommend Dpont Chain-Saver, but I can't find it locally yet.

If I am getting this right, I am thinking the trick is to get a coat of wax on the nail and a coat of wax on the wheel bore and have the oil as a thin film between the two waxed surfaces.
ngyoung
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Ever Hear of Krytech Dry Wax Lube

Post by ngyoung »

You should be able to find it at Lowes, Homedepot, or Ace. Dupont Chain Saver was the big thing until Jig-a-Loo was discovered. Jig-a-Loo is not being sold in the US by any distributors now. Another option that I have read that was tested to be competitive in league races was Mo-deck lawn mower deck coating spray.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Hi mehiggins101!

Some Fastenal stores might have a can or two of the Jig-a-loo still in stock.
You might check with your home town Fastenal store on 13-15 old sherman TPKE for some. ;)
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
mehiggins101
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by mehiggins101 »

ngyoung wrote:You should be able to find it at Lowes, Homedepot, or Ace. Dupont Chain Saver was the big thing until Jig-a-Loo was discovered. Jig-a-Loo is not being sold in the US by any distributors now. Another option that I have read that was tested to be competitive in league races was Mo-deck lawn mower deck coating spray.
Thanks, ngyoung. I will try Mo-Deck as I believe I can get that locally. Forgive my ignorance, but people just spray it on the nails and let it dry? Also, people have been using, as far you know, with Krytox 100?
ngyoung
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ngyoung »

Some vendors have secret blends where they change the viscosity to get the performance they want but they start with Krytox as the base. Yes like the chain saver or jig you spray it on an axle, shake off excess, and set to dry for about 20 mins. I would make something to set the axles in so that the area where the wheel will ride does not touch anything until the wheel is installed. I usually take a scrap box and poke 4 holes in it to hold the axles. I also take a bowl or tupperware and cover them while they dry so they don't collect any dust or hair. You will want the wheels ready to go on once they are dry. To install take a wheel and start adding it to the axle, before sliding it up to where the wheel will ride take your oil and add 1-2 drops on the axle then slide the wheel up the rest of the way. Give the wheel a few good spins to work the oil around the bore then install on the car.
mehiggins101 wrote:
ngyoung wrote:You should be able to find it at Lowes, Homedepot, or Ace. Dupont Chain Saver was the big thing until Jig-a-Loo was discovered. Jig-a-Loo is not being sold in the US by any distributors now. Another option that I have read that was tested to be competitive in league races was Mo-deck lawn mower deck coating spray.
Thanks, ngyoung. I will try Mo-Deck as I believe I can get that locally. Forgive my ignorance, but people just spray it on the nails and let it dry? Also, people have been using, as far you know, with Krytox 100?
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

ngyoung wrote: Yes like the chain saver or jig you spray it on an axle, shake off excess, and set to dry for about 20 mins. I would make something to set the axles in so that the area where the wheel will ride does not touch anything until the wheel is installed. I usually take a scrap box and poke 4 holes in it to hold the axles. I also take a bowl or tupperware and cover them while they dry so they don't collect any dust or hair.
I like your Idea here ngyoung:

Not to go off topic from the krytech Dry Wax Lube.

I'v always wounderd about the efects that body oils or sweat could have on the spray lubes as well..
while holding the axle at the tip in your fingers and spining and spraying.

Do you fell that the process of spraying the axles with the spray lubes and keeping contaminants
off the axle could be improved on if a small tubeing were to be used to hold the axle.

It could be used as a handle while the axle is under the alcohol cleaning prep..
And then chucked into a clean drill & area for spraying and spining off the excess
for hopefuly a more even coat on the axle.. (or be done by finger tips turning!)
Then the tubeing end could be placed down into the scrap box and coverd up.

Will the use of a tubeing to hold the axle work better to help keep contaminants
that could be picked up from fingers off the axle and out of the spray lubes.

It's just and :idea: I had about contaminants that could picked up off hands as well.
What are your thought's about useing a tubeing for a handel and axle holder..
or useing a wire with clips and your box to hang the axles upside down after spraying.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?