Great Forum!!!!

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
RACER X
Merchant
Merchant

Great Forum!!!!

Post by RACER X »

This is a nice layout for a P.W.D. forum,let's hope it's rockin this fall!!!

Racer X :mrgreen:
Driver of #9 "The Shooting Star"

I would like to thank my sponsors: Dremel Tool, House of Kolor paints, Craftsman Tools, Derby Worx Pro Tools & Derby Worx Pro Wheels, Micro Finish & sand paper and 3M tape.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great Forum!!!!

Post by gpraceman »

RACER X wrote:This is a nice layout for a P.W.D. forum,let's hope it's rockin this fall!!!

Racer X :mrgreen:
Thanks :D I hope it will be a great resource to race coordinators and racers alike.

Randy
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Da Graphite Kid
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Da Graphite Kid »

Fall!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of us can't wait that long!
I guess we will just have to get the word out about this site...

Da Graphite Kid :mrgreen:
Barga Racing
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Barga Racing »

Looks like the word must be getting out. I recognize most of you from the other site. I have to admit ths is a very nice forum but I still check the other one quite frequently. Can't wait until the upcoming season, heck it is already here. We are getting ready for the state fair PWD August 3rd.
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TDean »

August 3rd!??
Man, you are one lucky guy!
I'm still waiting for my Hothead race to come back this year... :cry:

What kind/how many cars are you racing? Tapped/no-tap? Canted/not? What kind of track? :?: :?:
TDean
TCON
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TCON »

OK.......on my first post on this thread, I'll have to be honest.
My slingshot dragster and my wife's Lamborghini both came in
second for two years, to a mini-van and another mini-van,
made by the same guy. Being Awana Commander, I, of course
will ban mini-vans, next year..........kiddin' of course. I was
rushed at the last minute helping with six other cars and
didn't do my "final tweaking", but wait'l next race.
I eagerly await ya'll to get crackin'. Now and then, I get
a good idea, along with some bad ones. Thanks.

Christ for Kids...........TCON
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

TC,

Maybe there is more to those minivans than first meets the eye! Should we pull one of them into the "PW Science" (or some other) garage and take it apart?
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:TC,

Maybe there is more to those minivans than first meets the eye! Should we pull one of them into the "PW Science" (or some other) garage and take it apart?
I think so. My daughter got 2nd place in speed with her "God's in Control" mini-van. With all that extra space, you never know what may be lurking under the hood. Of course, I'll never tell :lol:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
BlackDodgeRam4x4
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BlackDodgeRam4x4 »

This is a great forum for me to read and learn from the masters. Thank you all so much for making this site available to us and for your thought provoking topics and discussions. i have learned so much already that i am almost overwhelmed. Last year was my son, J.R. and I first time competing as pineheads in our local cub pack 137 in Prairieton, Indiana. The car we built last year was a very good looking as well as fast car, we didn't quite win but we did win 2nd place in our pack and went on to compete in the district where we finished up in 7th place, overall was a very impressive year for our first time down the hill. Well needless to say my son and I both loved the competiotion and the chance to work together on such a fun project. We are getting geared up to start our new car for this year's race real soon, with hopes and dreams of a young boy doing even better than last year. And I believe with the wisdom of the great people like the ones here on this site offering advise and the many other sites with building and speed information available I think we just may be able to improve on last year. Stan i have read everything from you I can find on your sites and may I say you impress me greatly, and I thank you for offering your expertise to the masses of previously derby challenged such as myself, and I will be sending that donation to your council my friend, was well worth it. Again I'd just like to say thank you to you all and intoduce myself, my name is Raymond, and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much with some of the questions I may ask in the near future. I thank you and my son J.R. thanks you.
:lol:

"Do Your best and Be Happy With Knowing That It Was Truely Your Best"