Thank you to Derby Talk!

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
DerbyDash
Pine Head
Pine Head

Thank you to Derby Talk!

Post by DerbyDash »

Well, my son has now finished his PWD career by winning his pack championship again this year and extending his win streak to 4 years in a row!! After a first year finish where we were always leading the race until the last section of the track where we slowed down and ended up losing, we came here to see what we could learn about going faster.

(Should also add that my daughter won the siblings race the 3 years she entered too..took one year off as she had other sports activities going on for one of them. :D )

We appreciate everyone who takes the time to post what they've learned over the many years you have been doing this as it is a great resource for all of questioning what we did "wrong" after some of those initial races.

My son was always asked about whether he wanted to make a really unique (but possibly slower) car or try to make a "fast" one never really knowing whether it will be fast or not. He said he wanted to make a car as fast as he could.

It was great this year to have him really take on just about all the design, fabrication and testing of what we did this year. My wife said it's a shame that when then really start getting comfortable using most of the power tools they stop doing the PWD for the boys!

Please keep up with all these posts and answering the same questions over and over again as we forget to use the wonderful search function that is here. :rofl:

At the end of all of this, we made some great memories for my son which he will always have, learned a bit of physics and had a lot of fun!