Can someone help with this please?

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

--I'm sleeping away last night with 2 months until our next and final derby race...NSC Council race. We haven't taken our car out of the box since Districts last month. I had a dream about the upcoming race.
--I'm walking up to the pin to stage the car which is odd because parents obviously don't stage their son's car. I notice that the wheels spin pretty roughly and I realize we hadn't reprepped or even oiled them.
--I ask one of the other dad's staging his son's car if he would let us borrow some oil. He says no problem and unscrews a jar that has a brush attached under the cap. He slings a heavy brown goop over the tops of our wheels and I asked if this is what he used and he said yup. :idk: The goop slowly makes it's way down the sides of the wheels and I'm thinking it will work into the hub somehow. :thumbup:
--I try to wipe the excess goop off the wheels as I walk to the pin but the same guy says it's against the rules to wipe off the goop so I try to slyly wipe it off. :scratching:
--The pin drops and the cars are neck and neck then at the transition there is no flat section. THe cars just free ride off of the end of track and roll onto a section of packed dirt with no lanes. This area looks like a mini motocross track with turns and whoops and berms and whichever car rolls furthest wins.
--We place 3rd of the 3 cars and I tell my boy we did the best we could then the dream ends.

This is the only derby dream I've had. Anybody else dream about these darn races?
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Can someone help with this please?

Post by Vitamin K »

Hahaha. Dude, that's some twisted dreaming there.

Maybe your subconscious is lamenting the approaching end to your PWD career.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

That, or my newly acquired CPAP machine is blowing some funky stuff.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

devet.

You are in luck there is help!
Lay off the sleeping pills and burn the midnight oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

No, I don't think I've ever had a derby-related dream. But then again, I so rarely remember my dreams when I wake up anyway.

The last one I recalled upon waking was months ago: For some reason, I was shaking President Obama's hand, and as our hands touched, static electricity sparked. I reflexively recoiled from the shock, and then every Secret Service agent in the room piled on top of me. Then I woke up.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

That's even more weird. Hopefully it's not a premonition of the Feds getting involved in pinewood derby.