District results...

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Gtdhw
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

District results...

Post by Gtdhw »

After 4 years of not placing higher than 3rd in our District race, I found DerbyTalk. After finding DerbyTalk, and all of the great folks, advice, & info, we managed the 1 2 sweep this year!!

The best part was running the previous 4 year, 1st & 2nd sweeper, in the first race, and beating him! This was his last year, and his boys have finished 1 & 2 every year. This year, in his final shot, they had to settle for 3rd & 4th. :mrgreen:

My oldest, had the fastest car at the meet (complete new car built after the pack race), laying down the only 2.58 pass (2.589), but his car didn't like like lane 1, and it cost him in both lane 1 runs (4 lanes, 2 runs per lane, per car, times added up to declare finishers). My youngest was right behind him with a 2.590 as a fastest pass, but it had no issue with any lane. On the final heat of the event, my boys finally got put on the track and went down together. My oldest won with a 2.606 to a 2.619, but the two bad runs in lane 1 cost him just enough lose the overall time total to my youngest by .1069.

It was a nice track this year, and much different that the track they had used in the past.

Just wanted to say thanks again, and am already looking forward to building again next year.

This was the final heat, and the 3 car finish was actually the 1 2 3 overall finishers. This confirms that the fastest car didn't take home the #1 spot. For whatever reason it didn't like lane 1, was the difference maker. My oldest handled it well though, in true scout form. :D

Then we proceeded to the drag strip for our first race of the season. I race, and my oldest boy races a Jr. Dragster. After cleaning house at the pwd, he then takes the back to back season opener Win at the strip! It was a good day for Team Morgan :wow:

I wish I was the man that my dog thinks I am.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: District results...

Post by Vitamin K »

Big congrats, man! Sounds like your boys had an awesome time.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you on the Wins.

The Dragster would make a nice looking Pinewood Derby Car.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Congrats guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Good going! Congrats!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"