Retirement is here

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Retirement is here

Post by davet »

I found this site 4 yrs ago when trying to make a fast car for our second year of scouts. That "missile car" was a dud as we didn't pull the trigger and go with a RR. It seemed too complicated.

Over the last 4 years you guys have been very patient in explaining things that were second nature to you like cant, drift, COM and reprep. Thank you to everyone that freely shares what they know. I've posted questions at midnight while holding the car in my hand at the kitchen table waiting for it to somehow tell me what it needed. I've gotten replies back to those late night questions within minutes. Honestly, I think I asked more questions here and spent more time studying this darn derby car stuff than I did getting my 2 yr college degree. Sad, but probably true.

We always tried to take whatever car design my boy wanted and make it fast. We've had an 8-wheeled tank, a missile, American Flag car, aircraft carrier and now a lightning bolt with LED's. The last three were very fast and set records at District and placed in the Northern Star Council race. I, personally, am most proud of the American Flag car because it took 7th at Council with all box stock parts. My son really enjoyed seeing your comments when we posted pics of his cars.
Thank you for helping make this derby experience rewarding for us. :bigups:
Maglev
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Retirement is here

Post by Maglev »

Davet- just 'cause your son's crossed over dos'nt mean you have to retire from building cars come have fun racing with us at NPWDRL. Congrats on your district win - it's just the beginning!