When - April 28th - 29th
Where - 8401 S 132nd St, Omaha, NE 68138
What: Mid America Pinewood Derby - http://www.midamericaderby.com
On April 29th we will be racing...
Cub Scout Racing
- We will be racing the what is considered Nationals for Cub Scouts around the United States - Highest Level of Cub Scout Racing
- We have 3 Scout Divisions - Open Scout Graphite, Open Scout Oil and Qualified Scout Graphite (only for those in the Mid America Council)
Kids / Adults
- We will be racing an Open Kids Graphite Division (open to kids under the age of 18 that are not Cub Scouts)
- We will be racing an Open Adult Graphite Division
- Get Registered online now - http://www.midamericaderby.com early check in begins on the 28th 5pm-8pm... avoid the line on Saturday Morning - Check in on the 29th opens at 8am racing begins at 10:30am - all races are broadcast live over the internet - You can race in person or Proxy (send a car in to race) ... see Proxy entry info on the website. It is truly Fun Filled day for the whole family - besides the Pinewood Derby Racing - build and race LEGO cars, Race your give away Hot Wheel car on the Hot Wheel race Track or even Race on our New Pinewood Derby Drag Strip - Light Tree Track - earn your Automobile Safety patch, enjoy the concessions, Meet Pro Racers, Meet many Vendors, See the Guinness World Record Track Display and have an amazing Family Fun Filled Day. Trophies are award 1st - 6th in each rank for each Division in Cub Scout races and in each Division the 12 fastest cars will advance to finals and 1st - 12th will be award for each Division - the Kids and Adults will be award 1st - 12th for the top cars that make it to the finals. Design Awards and Best of Show awards are also given out. Additionally every participant will get a check in bag with an official Mid America Pinewood Derby patch and all kinds of awesome give away - not to mention be entered into our Door Prize drawing where Major prizes will be given away and they are Awesome Prizes!!!
On April 28th we will be racing...
Pro Class Pinewood Derby Racing
- We will be racing 7 Pro Divisions - Unlimited, Eliminator, Street Pro, Street Stock, Basics, Unlimited Fat Wheel and Street Slammers
- Pro Racers check in will be April 27th from 6pm - 10pm - all proxy cars will be checked in at that time as well... Racing will begin at 9am Friday morning on the 28th and continue until all Divisions Prelim and Finals are complete - Lunch and refreshments will be provided along with dinner and if racing is still going an invitation to our Corporate Pinewood Derby Event - where we will be racing our Corporate Sponsored Race (which helps us fund the Mid America Pinewood Derby) and a Really Cool Big Rig Race that is over the top cool to see them roll down the track. Pro Awards will be given to all finalist - currently depending on the size of the field in each division we will be racing 12 Finalist in each division - each builder will only be able to advance one car into the finals, that means that 12 builder will be recognized. Pro Racers are also invited to attend a Special party at Iceman's home after racing on the 29th. All Racing will be broadcast live, and we have majorly upgraded our 6 lane Best Track - racing in 6 lanes changes everything. We are also changing the return shipping with all our proxy racers all cars will be in the mail on Monday following the race... All the Rules and information can be found on the website... help us continue to Fuel Pinewood Derby Racing and compete in this year Mid America Pinewood Derby - http://www.midamericaderby.com
By the way we have some other cool things that will be part of the event - currently in R&D and will change pinewood derby racing if we get it all put together
- Vitamin K
- Pine Head Legend
- Posts: 1152
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:26 pm
- Location: Spotsylvania, VA
My kids' cars this year are not fit for the Scout races (heavy wheels, oil lubed), but since we skipped fenders this year, maybe I'll send them to the Basics division as well.
I would like to however it's only 10 1/2''
long and has 6 wheels.
So it falls short of the class b rules
At a min of 17" and max of 19"
with 8 wheels.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedster is talking about is
The Tyrone Malone Super Boss truck
But if you say it's ok to race I'll send it!
Along with the rat rod tanker truck I'm
hoping to get built for the class b race.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk