Fastest Pinewood Derby Car Designs and Pinewood Derby Rules

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fastest Pinewood Derby Car Designs and Pinewood Derby Rules

Post by gpraceman »

From the latest Voice of Scouting email, http://voiceofscouting.org/fastest-pine ... ar-designs

I found the part about the quick start bar a bit humorous. I like the idea of a "Champ Camp".
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Fastest Pinewood Derby Car Designs and Pinewood Derby Rules

Post by Speedster »

I like the idea of a "Champ Camp" too. Thanks for the suggestion. That would be an easy way to reach every scout in our council.
bracketracer
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by bracketracer »

I can’t believe they’re still touting a quick start front as being a speed secret these days! I thought those went out of style when the spring loaded start gates came on the scene?
ironband
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by ironband »

bracketracer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:48 pm I can’t believe they’re still touting a quick start front as being a speed secret these days! I thought those went out of style when the spring loaded start gates came on the scene?
You'd be surprised how many packs are still running a manual start on an older track. We got beat by one of these this year - It was amazing to see that if the start was dropped quickly, my son's car would beat this one, but if it was dropped a little slower, this car would build a huge lead on the downhill.

Andre