CrownKidsClub.com

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

CrownKidsClub.com

Post by gpraceman »

Stan - You've been holding out on us.

Looks like there is a new site that has been added to the Pinewood Derby Racing web ring of sites.

Crown Kids Club - http://www.crownkidsclub.com/

I like the idea of the monthly races and getting sponsors for it. They host workshops as well. Pretty cool :!:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: CrownKidsClub.com

Post by Stan Pope »

Interesting ...

Two new member submissions recently with no email to advise me of arrival. Since I didn't respond to the emails that I didn't receive, Webring has concluded that I was no longer interested and has put the ring up for adoption!

With its sporadic operation in responding to "next site" clicks, I'm inclined to allow it to close anyway. Thoughts, anyone?
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:I'm inclined to allow it to close anyway. Thoughts, anyone?
I wouldn't want to see the ring go away, if that is what you mean. I get a modest number of hits to my GrandPrix Race Central website from it. If you don't end up administering it, I would imagine that the ring would get chock full of commercial websites and redundant other websites.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Yes, it would gather clutter. I have applied to adopt webring. I'll let you guys know what happens.

For whatever reason, it does not navigate well for me, though others seem to have no problems. Even going to specific member pages from the hub page is "iffy", often going to the hub page instead of the intended page.

It looks like the new management at WebRing may have set the "Join" to Auto, which means that it may start "gathering lint". Oh, well...

Ever since the WebRing technology was sold, rings have been getting harder to manage and, I think, less reliable. My concern for its lifespan has been growing.
Stan
JimAtCrown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JimAtCrown »

Hello to everyone.
Thanks for having this forum, I'm also excited to be a part of the pinewood derby web ring. We've only been having our derby for a few months but the response has been great! We've really had a lot of support from our community.
Wal-Mart has been giving us a bike to give away at each of our events and that has really sparked a lot of interest.
I've been exploring the world of pinewood derby racing by visiting the sites on the web ring and have been amazed at the amount of information there.
Thanks to all of the site administrators for all the hard work you have put into your website.

JimAtCrown
http://www.crownkidsclub.com
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Hello! and welcome, Jim!
Stan