18 Wheel Pinewood Challenge

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
Nitro Dan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

18 Wheel Pinewood Challenge

Post by Nitro Dan »

Was looking on the internet for information on Pinewood Semi-Truck racing and came across this site:

http://www.cfshq.com/pinewood.asp

Be sure to check out the rules. I found it quite interesting that they were using 4 x 4 fence posts for the trucks and metal drywall studs as the track.

-Nitro Dan
Last edited by Nitro Dan on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take good and make it great. Take fast and make it faster. Performance drives success!
PW Grasshopper
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 18 Wheel Pinewood Challenge

Post by PW Grasshopper »

I like the rules section. IMO they have the right attitude, light hearted and encouraging everyone to do there best. My favorite part:
we've seen wheels that have been specially machine lathed, and axles that have been grooved to form lubricant pockets, and a wide variety of other techniques used to make the wheels run truer or generate less friction. These approaches can become very time consuming and expensive and are, in our opinion, the product of unhinged minds. Obviously, we're all in favor of that.
Down-N-Flames
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: 18 Wheel Pinewood Challenge

Post by Down-N-Flames »

Last winter a guy was looking for someone to build a truck for him for his business. He was willing to pay for the truck and he race it giving full credit to the builder.

Did you see the weight? I was highly tempted to build one for him, but our scout derby was coming up and I couldn't ahve done either justice if I took it on.

the guy took some heat about buying a truck, but he was upfront and was giving dredit where credit was due, good guy really.

Woody