Charity Pinecar Derby

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Charity Pinecar Derby

Post by TDean »

Here is a site unlike any others I seen -- It promotes a "Pinecar Derby" for adults which benefits a childrens shelter. The site has fun flash animation and a great "showroom" (gallery) filled with a wild assortment of cars.

I wish there were more of these charity races around -- it is a lot of fun and a great idea for a good cause!

I had nothing to do with creating this site or hosting the race (I was only an enthusiastic participant!).
There are actually 3 sites worth checking out:
http://www.hothead400.com

http://www.hothead400.com/race/hh400_2002/main.html
http://www.hothead400.com/hh400_2001/main.html

Enjoy! :D
TDean
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Charity Pinecar Derby

Post by gpraceman »

The flash animation and the car gallery are very cool. I imagine that you'd have to wear gloves to handle the razor car.

I think everyone should check out TDean's site too for his and his son's cars. Just click on the WWW button on any of his posts or on his member profile.

Dean - Maybe you'll add a link to Derby Talk, in addition to the Pine-Pro forum link :wink:
Last edited by gpraceman on Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Sharp idea?

Post by TDean »

You're right -- the "X-acto Blade car" shown in the gallery (not one of mine) came with a heavy-duty gauntlet for placing it on the track-unfortunately (or fortunate for the handlers) it only raced a couple times before being eliminated. As you can imagine, it must have had a couple ounces of blades sticking out everywhere, distributing weight evenly instead of focusing it in the rear.

Good suggestion for the Derby Talk link -- I'll race right to it!
TDean
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Can someone please post a direct URL to this site's image gallery? Even with JavaScript and Flash enabled, the site doesn't work for me.

TIA
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

darin_mcgrew wrote:Can someone please post a direct URL to this site's image gallery? Even with JavaScript and Flash enabled, the site doesn't work for me.

TIA
Hey Darin,

Thanks for joining in :D

There is no image gallery per se yet. People can post an image (as long as it is hosted somewhere else on the web) or links to their web page that has their photos. I believe that there is an image gallery plugin for this forum software, but I don't have the time to check into or install it right now.

Randy
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

darin_mcgrew wrote:I was referring specifically to the image gallery of the "cool web site", not to your image gallery. Anyway, I did finally manage to get the Flash at http://www.hothead400.com/race/hh400_2002/main.html to work, but it would have been a lot nicer if it had just been a thumbnail gallery.
Oops :oops: :doh: Sorry, brain was not engaged.
Randy Lisano