Obi-Wan in his Pinewood Landspeeder

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
Nitro Dan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Obi-Wan in his Pinewood Landspeeder

Post by Nitro Dan »

Came across this this web site with a few pictures of a Lego Obi-Wan Kenobi using his Jedi mind tricks against some Imperial Lego Stormtroopers. Of course he is driving a Pinewood Derby Landspeeder. The dialog is quite humorous.

http://thisblogismyblog.blogharbor.com/ ... 98035.html

-Nitro Dan
Take good and make it great. Take fast and make it faster. Performance drives success!
larzini
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Obi-Wan in his Pinewood Landspeeder

Post by larzini »

Thanks for the kind words about our car. February's gonna be here before we know it, and we haven't settled on an idea for this year. The Den leader's already asked, so I suppose the pressure is on. Although this time we'd like to come up with a car that finishes a it faster, too.

The landspeeder seemed to me the best fit for some type of Star Wars vehicle based on the shape of the wood block, instant recognizability, and usual lack of handiness with tools, (at least mine, my son is picking up these things pretty well). But we got it together, had some fun, and maximized our creativity with what we had. We' re looking forward to this year.

Good luck to all builders and racers this year. Today our kids are racing go-karts that each den built. Should be a lot of fun. And thanks for finding the car, we were really happy to be up on the Star Wars blog with it as well.