Plans for easy bandsaw cutting

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
boysdad.com
Apprentice
Apprentice

Plans for easy bandsaw cutting

Post by boysdad.com »

The plans on this page (free) are easy to cut out with a bandsaw. http://boysdad.com/archives/409
Also on this page is engineering data that might be helpful.

-R
beachnut
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Plans for easy bandsaw cutting

Post by beachnut »

Hi boysdad, welcome to DT! Where in Nashville are you located? We're in Bellevue, in the James E. West district. My son is a Bear this year and looking forward to the district race soon :D
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Randy and Son »

Nice drawings on that site, but the one with standard BSA block characteristics should probably be taken with a grain of salt. It states that the block is 3.3 ounces when it probably would have been better to just stick with dimensions. Those blocks can range anywhere from about 2 to more than 4 ounces. So declaring anything specific with regard to weight should probably get an asterisk if they were trying to state 3.3 as perhaps an average. (Trying to give the benefit of the doubt.)

Randy
boysdad.com
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by boysdad.com »

Thanks for pointing that out, Randy. All the mass props. on the site are "typical values." You should always build with a scale handy, but it is good to have a starting point for the mass props while you are in the design stage. The values for the wood are the most likely to be different. I used an average of 5 blocks to find the value (...and I know there are are way too many signif. digits on the prints...).