There might be potential here

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

There might be potential here

Post by John Shreffler »

John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: There might be potential here

Post by ciodude »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BallBoy »

Very neat. After seeing that I think some packs may need to proactively change their rules to expressly prohibit quantum levitation.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Presumedly, the liquid nitrogen that is injected into the car is there to drive a wire coil to superconductivity so that current induced by track circuitry produces a magnetic field that raises the car above the track. Does the mag field also provide a forward force? That the car does some fore-aft moves when it is first placed on the track suggests that there is something like that going on. :)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Looks a little bogus to me, with some nice computer work done to make it look real.

To me all that liquid nitrogen did, was leave a trail of smoke and maybe push it. How they got a specific controled anti gravity car to go down a track with not sticking in spots or bouncing left to right of the track, is where I think its a bit computer generated video.

The fake gowns and obvious oversized gloves, looks to me, nothing more than a college video prank.

Could be wrong, but everyone wants to put some edited, faked up computer generated / edited video of soem amazing thing, that appears to be real or work.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Hi Sporty. I actually participated in this popular experiment in a lab back when I actually had a job. This particular video is not very well made, but there is nothing faked here.

https://youtu.be/
For a low tech, but amazing quick demo of magnetic effect, just drop a small cylindrical magnet down a vertical metal pipe. 1/2" copper pipe is great. The stronger the magnet, the more pronounced the effect. I will send you a good one.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

No, I totally agree, I read indepth the merit to that it is done and can be done.

However, in regards to the initial posting. It was discovered thru internest research. That the company who makes the game wipeout. had this done, to hype up its new version or game coming out.

Then naturally seeing the video a few times, you can see some animations glitches and things that devy logic with the spacing of the cars and going by one another, and what apears to be computer generated vapor trails also.

if you look when the cars go side by side, the vapor trail should have effected the other cars movement in some shape or form. It also stood out as they passed how there was not movement or effect of the car being passed from the other.

I hope this helps better reply to my initial post.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Here is a better video of super cooled levitation, using a special form of sapphire. http://tinyurl.com/7uemel6" target="_blank
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
resullivan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by resullivan »

The OP video looks fake to me as well.