Worldforchrist website missing in action

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
PWTom
Pine Head
Pine Head

Worldforchrist website missing in action

Post by PWTom »

Does anyone know what happened to the excellent worldforchrist.org pinewood website?? They had lots of top-notch technical information and a "design" program for tweaking pinewood cars. We were hoping to run some sensitivity studies using their app to fine-tune the COM location of this year's car, but all of the links are broken.

We have a long (44') Challenger track with a 4' drop and a sharp transition to the flat. We thnk the car might do better with the COM moved slightly forward compared to "short-track" designs, but we want to optimize the location as much as possible.

Any clues to either the new location of the website or the optimum location of the COM for this type of track??
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Worldforchrist website missing in action

Post by gpraceman »

They had lost their free web hosting. The last I heard from Michael Lastufka was that he was lining up another webhost. I do hope that he can get something setup shortly so he can continue to provide good information and resources to those that need it.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
PWTom
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by PWTom »

Randy, sorry to hear that they lost their site. Hopefully, they'll get something worked out soon.
ninjarabbi1997
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ninjarabbi1997 »

Love God. Love People. Pass it On.
RacinInKC
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by RacinInKC »

I own a hosting service.... if there a valuable NON-PROFIT sites that need a home, you can host with me at no charge.

For profit groups, of course, can host with a fee.

Thanks.