Underglow Lights

From pinewood derby car designs to a kits, wheels, decals and more, Maximum Velocity has everything you need to win your pinewood derby car race.

Moderator: MaxV

MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Underglow Lights

Post by MaxV »

Just got some Underglow Lights in stock - they add a lot of pizzazz to a car, but only a small amount of weight ( .24 oz).

(A rubber sheath covers the module - remove for clarity in the photo)

https://www.maximum-velocity.com/wp-con ... lights.mp4
Video of Lights: Two flashing modes and a solid on mode.

You can get a set of Underglow Lights at Maximum Velocity.
bobcatbrown520
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Underglow Lights

Post by bobcatbrown520 »

Not allowed in our District race....afraid it may interfere with the timer sensors

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Underglow Lights

Post by MaxV »

Not allowed in our District race....afraid it may interfere with the timer sensors
Derbyworx did some testing of the lights - his report is below. The bottom line is that the underglow glows do not interfere with timers.

We tested with a "Champ" and a "Micro-Wizard" timer, no issues. You (Maximum Velocity) said it worked with "The Judge".

I spoke with an engineer at a race on Saturday and he explained it to me like this: The Timer Eyes operate at either 850nm or 940nm (that's why we can't see them) and the LED's on the car are in the range of 450nm for the blue and 600nm for the white so they are not seen by the timer. Also, since the lights are battery powered, they are low voltage, a non-alternating current and create no electromagnetic effect so nothing is effected by the LED lights kits. He basically said: the track timers cannot see the LED's on the cars; they have to be broken to activate.