New BSA wheels - Siren

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
mossk
Pine Head
Pine Head

New BSA wheels - Siren

Post by mossk »

Hi,

I noticed a new wheel in the BSA catalogue. This one makes a siren noise when a button is pressed. Can these wheels be used as a normal wheel or are they only ornamentation that can be added to the car as a fifth wheel?

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/Ite ... item=17149
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: New BSA wheels - Siren

Post by Teeeman »

I don't know with certainty but I bet these are "show wheels only"... I know they would not meet our rule for "added weight" unless they are identical in total mass and rotational inertia to "stock BSA wheels".

I pictured these are for either show-only cars or post-racing display.

Or for less aggressive cars pre-race (no alignment nor much concern for lube break-in) where the owner would pull this wheel off and put on a race wheel prior to competition.

-Terry
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: New BSA wheels - Siren

Post by ranman106 »

Book says "push the center axle" so that must be a button and "attach easily to your car with glue" so that must be for looks. Now that I look at the picture, it looks like the wheel is added to the car picture like it is a continental kit on a hot rod.
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!