How many editions of down and derby?

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

How many editions of down and derby?

Post by TAL »

In considering purchase of the movie Down and Derby, we have seen a couple different versions...

Reved up edition
Scouting edition

Are there any more editions?

In opinions, which version is better?
My understanding is that the scouting version has a few deleted scenes and an interview with Don Murphy...

Bottom line, Is the movie itself the same in both (or all) versions?
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: How many editions of down and derby?

Post by Go Bubba Go »

We have the Scouting edition, the only edition we have watched.

I have also seen the Rev'd up version advertised, but do not have it and have not watched it. I am not familiar with the "extras" that it might have (or not have) as compared to the Scouting edition.

We like the Scouting edition because we did find the interview with Don Murphy to be interesting. They also had a "leader" on the "An American Race" documentary, not sure if that is included in the Rev'd up edition or not. We pretty much just FF past that.

One feature we like about the Scouting edition (I assume it would also be present in Rev'd up???) is the ability to select between Full Screen and Wide Screen viewing. We haven't purchased a wide screen yet, it's not that we're Luddites, we just spent our Wide Screen money on some new Derby Worx tools and a couple sets of specialty wheels :wink:.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: How many editions of down and derby?

Post by sporty »

I had both editions at one time.

I donated one to the local Cub Scouts.

They are pretty much the same. Except there is more cub scouts footage in the beginning and end.
Atleast thats how I can recall it.

Sporty