Light Tree $5

Manufacturers of The Judge timers. Also manufactures solenoid start gates and light trees.

Moderator: John Shreffler

John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Light Tree $5

Post by John Shreffler »

I have a quantity of programmed microprocessors that are the heart of my light tree http://www.newdirections.ws/lighttree.htm available at $5 plus $5 S&H. This is an 8 pin chip with an internally programmed oscillator. Just add 5 volts and the pins provide a low-going voltage exactly as the animated gif shows. The current capability is 25 ma, more than enough to switch optical SSR for 120 VAC operation. Not enough to make LEDs impressive, but that is no problem: Just use some PNP drivers like I do.

For $35, you get the chip mounted in the 1.5" circular board, with all components, capable of driving 240 ma, which is enough to make an impressive LED display.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Light Tree $5

Post by ohiofitter »

When you have this set up can when the light turn green will it automatically open the gate if you have it set up for a computer operated gate
PWD_addict
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD_addict »

Our light tree works that way . . .
quadad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by quadad »

I took John up on this offer (and even more parts) and it was a great deal. I want to thank him for the really kind offer. Some of us like to build the electronics as well as the cars !
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

John Shreffler wrote:I have a quantity of programmed microprocessors that are the heart of my light tree http://www.newdirections.ws/lighttree.htm" target="_blank available at $5 plus $5 S&H. This is an 8 pin chip with an internally programmed oscillator. Just add 5 volts and the pins provide a low-going voltage exactly as the animated gif shows. The current capability is 25 ma, more than enough to switch optical SSR for 120 VAC operation. Not enough to make LEDs impressive, but that is no problem: Just use some PNP drivers like I do.

For $35, you get the chip mounted in the 1.5" circular board, with all components, capable of driving 240 ma, which is enough to make an impressive LED display.

john, this offer still good ?

sporty

aka ryan
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Hi, Sporty. Not at the moment. I am planning to do another production run this summer, and might offer some kind of kit next fall.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge