Derby Doc-2

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
Black Fox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Derby Doc-2

Post by Black Fox »

Greeting Gents

I read on an earlier post that someone was having problems with an order from Derby Doc and that he replied to it. I'm having issues with my order and I hope he'll see this post and help me out.

I placed an order on December 8th but have not yet received it or an email showing that the order was sent. I've tried twice to contact them by email ([no advertising for this vendor]@[no advertising for this vendor].com" target="_blank and through "Contacts" on the web site) but still have not received any reply. Can someone help put me in contact with him?

Derby Doc, if you read this my order number is 1146

Thanks
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Derby Doc-2

Post by rpcarpe »

I tried his website earlier (Oct 2011) and it didn't seem updated or maintained.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

:welcome: Black Fox
Black Fox wrote:Can someone help put me in contact with him?
I see your post on another board didn't help much? Note that this message and this ad includes Tory's public email address. I'm reasonably sure he has maintained a presence on ebay as tjgraphix, so if you have an ebay account you might be able to direct an inquiry via that system.
Black Fox wrote:Derby Doc, if you read this my order number is 1146
Tory is an infrequent visitor to DT; according to his member page, he hasn't visited DT since Mar 16, 2011 (more than nine months ago).
rpcarpe wrote:I tried his website earlier (Oct 2011) and it didn't seem updated or maintained.
I tried it just now and the connection timed out (usually not a good sign!).
*5 J's*
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by *5 J's* »

I just tried Torys site and it worked fine. He also has an active Facebook page.

Not sure why we cannot post a link to his site. I do not see Tory selling any completed cars.
Black Fox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Fox »

FatSebastian wrote::welcome: Black Fox
Black Fox wrote:Can someone help put me in contact with him?
I see your post on another board didn't help much? Note that this message and this ad includes Tory's public email address. I'm reasonably sure he has maintained a presence on ebay as tjgraphix, so if you have an ebay account you might be able to direct an inquiry via that system.
Black Fox wrote:Derby Doc, if you read this my order number is 1146
Tory is an infrequent visitor to DT; according to his member page, he hasn't visited DT since Mar 16, 2011 (more than nine months ago).
rpcarpe wrote:I tried his website earlier (Oct 2011) and it didn't seem updated or maintained.
I tried it just now and the connection timed out (usually not a good sign!).
Thanls Sebatian. I'll try eBay.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

*5 J's* wrote:I just tried Torys site and it worked fine. He also has an active Facebook page.

Not sure why we cannot post a link to his site. I do not see Tory selling any completed cars.
He used to sell completed cars and I never heard back from him that he was going to stop that practice.

I can't access his site either. Probably a domain setup issue with his web host.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
*5 J's*
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by *5 J's* »

gpraceman wrote:
*5 J's* wrote:I just tried Torys site and it worked fine. He also has an active Facebook page.

He used to sell completed cars and I never heard back from him that he was going to stop that practice.

I can't access his site either. Probably a domain setup issue with his web host.
Interesting - I have no issue connecting to his site. I can access through Explorer on the PC and Firefox on the Mac without issue.

Odd nobody else can.
MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Post by MaxV »

I can access it as well.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

Just surfed over to his site at least that works. But no reply to a Contact Us message from yesterday.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
Black Fox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Fox »

Well There has been some progress. I did get an email saying the order was shipped. No tracking number though. We'll just have to wait and see.
Black Fox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Fox »

Gentlemen

Thanks for your help. I finally received the items I ordered almost a month after I placed my order.

Not once did I ever received a reply explaining or apologizing for the delay. All I got was a notice saying the order was sent on Dec. 22nd.

There were a few other issues that I mentioned but I now see that Derby Doc web site is no longer up. So there is no point.

It's unfortunate. He had some nice stuff. Just wanted better service.

I do appreciate that he completed the order.

Thanks again for your help.