New Products for the 2014 Season at Derby Evolution

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

New Products for the 2014 Season at Derby Evolution

Post by Derby Evolution »

We are currently adding new products to the store for the 2014 season. We have added 7 new to us types of tungsten weights and a car stand kit. We will be adding several new body styles and at least one new wheel style in the coming days. So check out the site and let us know what you think.

http://www.derbyevolution.com/" target="_blank

Thanks,
Derby Evolution
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Re: New Products for the 2014 Season at Derby Evolution

Thank you guys for the questions that you send me. One question I have already had was if we would be producing a body line for the canopy weights. The answer to that is yes we will be making a body for the canopy weights. Our bodies are very light weight and need a good bit of weight to get back to 5oz. The first body we will bring out will be designed for the 3.5oz canopy and will work out great. This will be one of the easiest cars for someone to build and be fast.

Again thanks guys for the questions. If you have more feel free to email me, PM me, or post to the board.

Derby Evolution
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Will your new line of cars include 3/8" thick Pinewood bodies? Do you cut slots?
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Speedster,

Again another great question. Currently we will be producing 1/4" thick bodies, but if a customer has a need for a 3/8"thick car we can produce those for them. Most of our customers prefer 1/4" thick bodies.

We are looking into cutting slots for our customers. We are currently looking at what will be the best way for us to cut slots into the bodies and what wheelbase lengths that we would provide that service for. We may only offer this service on our 4 3/8" wheelbase cars since this is the standard wheelbase. Most customers that are allowed to run a long wheelbase will be allowed to have drilled axle holes.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

I have had several emails from customers asking about bodies. We are currently working to produce many new bodies to replace the ones we are closing out. They will start showing up on the website soon. Some are redesigns of current bodies that allow for even better weight placement and strengthen the design. We listen to our customers and what they want to see in the bodies, we will be adding the slot option to several bodies, changing some designs, and bringing out designs that allow simpler finishing. Some new designs are ultra light weight and will include the balsa fill option without extra cost. We will have some bodies that will have the option of full balsa fill or creating a ladder style body from the balsa fill.

Please check the site often as we will be adding things soon!
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I'd like it if you would shift the wheelbase in one of your models with stock slots so there is only 5/8" from rear axle slot to end of car.
Looking forward to seeing your new models.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Speedster,

I would be happy to look at any design idea you have. Please use my website and contact me with the body you are wanting changed and details of the changes.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Will Do.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

I also want to let everyone know that we will be offering slots on several of our new body designs. Customers have been asking us have this option for a while now and we will be offering cnc machined slots. We will be offering these in our 4 3/8" wheelbase cars.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Thanks everyone for all the emails and PMs about our new bodies designs. We are almost ready to release them, it takes a good amount of time to design, test, and produce bodies. The testing takes a good amount of time.

That being said you will start seeing new designs tonight on the website, also don't forgot the Typhoon is already a new body on the site.