Foam pit stadium display

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
Foampro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Foam pit stadium display

Post by Foampro »

I was recently asked to build some pit stadiums for our pack derby. Upon completion of the prototype the committee members loved them and said that I should offer them to more packs and people to help out. What do you guys think? I have attached a couple pics of them. (I have more if you'd like.) I can make them white or paint them black. As you can see we put numbers on our black ones to keep order and so that we can find the cars quickly. These are about 25" x 22" and 2" overall thickness. They have a bumper around so the cars cannot roll off if you are carrying them. What do you guys think? Anyone want some? Send me a message if you have any questions.

birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Foam pit stadium display

Post by birddog »

Those look very nice. What material are they made out of? Do the cars wheels "float" off the ground when placed on the center ridge?

thanks,

birddog
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

Sent you a pm. Very interested, and they look very cool. What did you paint the foam with?

Sent from somewhere in the corn fields of Iowa
Foampro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Foampro »

These are made out of EPS (Expanded polystyrene) foam. This is a dense version of the foam same foam that you may find on some electronics packaging. We build lots of things out of this.

Yes the cars "float" off the bottom. They rest on the bottom of the car with the wheels free to spin as they sit. I should have taken a picture with a car on it. I will try to remember to do that tomorrow.
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rukkian »

Any Idea what you may sell them for?
Foampro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Foampro »

I was thinking $25 for not painted and $35 for the painted version.
Rukkian wrote:Any Idea what you may sell them for?
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rukkian »

It is too late to buy them this year, since the budget is already set for our pack race, but I may try to get something for next year.
Foampro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Foampro »

Here are two pictures I took with a car on it. They show the wheels off the ground and then a front view of it.

Foampro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Foampro »

That sounds great! Thank you!!
Rukkian wrote:It is too late to buy them this year, since the budget is already set for our pack race, but I may try to get something for next year.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

Wow, I like them! Our budget is already allocated for this year, but I could see these as something we may want in a future year.

birddog
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

This is a great deal and there isn't anything out there like this you can buy. My pack just ordered 6 of them. Can't wait to get them in.

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

rkibby wrote:This is a great deal and there isn't anything out there like this you can buy.
These parking lots have been commercially available for several years. Same principle, different material. More recently, these came out. Not really the same principle, but they do serve to hold the cars on the staging table.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

gpraceman wrote:
rkibby wrote:This is a great deal and there isn't anything out there like this you can buy.
These parking lots have been commercially available for several years. Same principle, different material. More recently, these came out. Not really the same principle, but they do serve to hold the cars on the staging table.
Yeah wrong wording on my part. But the aluminum versions out there are more of a carrier then a pit stadium. Either way, great product and can't wait to put them to good work.