Another Timer Source -- lotsa options

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Another Timer Source -- lotsa options

Post by Stan Pope »

Received this link as suggested member for PWD Racing WebRing. http://derbytimer.com/ Not qualified for ring membership, as it is a commercial site. None the less, it has free info for the DIY folks as well as kit and finished product options.

I haven't evaluated the quality of the information, but it looks okay on the face of it.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
bdrake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Another Timer Source -- lotsa options

Post by bdrake »

Stan, thanks for the post.

DerbyTimer.com is the current incarnation of my DIY derby timer project at DrakeDev.com/pinewood.

It is something a bit unique in that it wasn't intended to be commercial. It is an open design, with all schematics, and firmware available for download. That was as far as I ever expected to take it, but to make it easier to build (several people asked...) I had boards made, and started offering them for sale. I also started offering the harder to find parts, and the PIC preprogrammed. Then I started getting requests to prebuild the electronics, so I added that.

I considered making it derbytimer.org, or something, because it wasn't planned as a commercial endeavor. Even now, any proceeds are funneled back into improving the project and developing add-ons, and other project related expenses.

I'm always looking for suggestions or ideas on what is needed, though. I would like to help make it even easier to afford and build whenever I find something that would help. That is really how I got into selling kits and pre-assembled parts in the first place.

I do my best to support the ones I've sold in a responsible and professional manner, so I guess in that respect, I am treating it commercially. I'd love to hear from anyone who has questions, suggestions, or opinions.

Bert@DerbyTimer.com
PICmicro based Smart Finish Line
http://drakedev.com/pinewood