Multiple car display stand

General race coordinator discussions.
fonzfam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Multiple car display stand

Post by fonzfam »

We have been giving the boys a stand each year on which to display their cars. A parent has suggested we give our Webelos a multi car stand in which to display all their previous cars at their "last" race. I think it's a marvelous idea but have been unable to find a simple or cost effective plan to display 3 or more cars. We are an LDS pack so each boy only makes 3 cars. I think a plan that could be adjusted to fit 3-5 would be an amazing asset to any pack. Does anyone have suggestions or plans?
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Multiple car display stand

Post by rkibby »

For the Craftsman Pin there is a simple pedestal. 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 plate with a 2 x 2 - 4"s tall. You could make the plate bigger and have 3 to 5 - 2 x 2's all and different lengths, shortest being in front of course. Be like a stair step.

Just a quick idea.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

Our District pushes the Derby Dome for $15 a piece. I think that's a little steep.
I'm sure someone in this illustrious forum has a good idea... it's just not me right now.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

There are a few display cases shown in this thread
http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5051

The one that BigTex posted may be about what you are looking for. You can always make it without the plexiglas front.

I have plans posted for the one that I built my kids. You can modify it to work with fewer cars.
http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5054
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

This is what I had my scouts make. Its very simple and it sets up well with placed with trophies. I have an order out to our local trophy maker to plaques made with the boys names, etc.

rkibby
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rkibby »

This was my idea about multiple car stand.