Pack qualifier - District roster assistance Question

General race coordinator discussions.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Pack qualifier - District roster assistance Question

Post by pack529holycross »

The District event will be by invitation, where each Pack is able to send 15 scouts to the event (Ideally the top 3 finishers in each Rank ). What would be the most efficient way to convey the instructions on how to transmit from the pack level to the District Event coordinator the race data for the top 3 placing scouts in each rank, assuming they are using GPRM?

I.E. " If you are using GPRM, use this process to generate your top 3 (per rank ) submission for registration in the District Event: ________________ "

thank you in advance for your assistance

Nicholas - 12 days till districts

PS a follow up... could you consider ( or have you already considered a button to generate pack level qualifier reports and DBASE files for easy merging at the next level up for racing?
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pack qualifier - District roster assistance Question

Post by dna1990 »

I would also like to see something similar for 'announcements'.

I'd like to print a report by group, with the top X finishers (same as what you can do on the Standings screen), and then list those in reverse order (again as they appear on te Standings screen).

I have seen alot of packs print out the standing report, only to highlight the top three and make the MC call them out in reverse order.

Yes, he could just read off the screen as they appear, but not everyone uses the standings screen, as the computer operator is off verifying and preparing the next set of races and has the GPRM screen turned off.
mbb
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by mbb »

Way too difficult. The kid just registers himself, or the pack can do it. Districts usually just have basic form you fill out and send in check.

We pay the whole fee just for us because no one else from our pack goes, or is interested in going!.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

pack529holycross wrote:The District event will be by invitation, where each Pack is able to send 15 scouts to the event (Ideally the top 3 finishers in each Rank ). What would be the most efficient way to convey the instructions on how to transmit from the pack level to the District Event coordinator the race data for the top 3 placing scouts in each rank, assuming they are using GPRM?

...PS a follow up... could you consider ( or have you already considered a button to generate pack level qualifier reports and DBASE files for easy merging at the next level up for racing?
FWIW, I'm not sure I would want to try to merge files from all over the District. Between virus risk and inconsistent format issues, I'm thinking it's more trouble than it's worth.

Our Council race utilizes a simple form (handwritten entries, but it works) that each Pack submits. Each Pack can send a 1st and 2nd place entry from each grade level, and the one form includes space for all 10 potential entries. Sending two 1st place or two 2nd place entries for one grade is not allowed, any "ties" have to be resolved by the Pack.

And here's the "good" part. The entries have to be submitted about a month before the Council race to allow for entry / scheduling (bear in mind we are talking about a total of approx. 1200-1300 participants for the Council races). Late entries are allowed, but the entry fee is doubled after the deadline (in the case where Packs have their local races scheduled "late", they can send their entry fee in ahead of time and reserve space at the base rate for the ages / places they intend to send, with the actual names called in after their Pack races are completed).

If I understand you correctly you have 12 days remaining to Districts and you don't have the total count of boys by age group participating yet? Too close to the edge for my taste, I'm assuming this is "growing pains" for a relatively new event rather than a standard practice. :shock:

Bubba
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby