Opinion desired regarding Trophy distribution

General race coordinator discussions.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Opinion desired regarding Trophy distribution

Post by pack529holycross »

If it meant that you could reward/award more scouts in each category with trophies, would you consider forgoing overall event trophies and competition?

example 1 - medals for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a trophy for first place in each rank + larger trophies for 3rd, 2nd, and Council Grand Champion. Mixed race schedule with event champion series after rank series'

example 2 - eliminate grand champion series, run race scheduling by rank so people can come, compete, be recognized, and allowed to leave, and award trophies for 1st 2nd 3rd and medals for 4th 5th 6th.

In comparing expenses for both, they are similar.

Opinions?

Nicholas
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Opinion desired regarding Trophy distribution

Post by gpraceman »

What about trohies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each rank and larger trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the Grand Champion round?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

gpraceman wrote:What about trohies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each rank and larger trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the Grand Champion round?
I an trying to recognize as many kids as possible, as they have either placed at their District Events or are Pack Champions at this level... alot to consider and about 48hrs to decide
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:I an trying to recognize as many kids as possible, as they have either placed at their District Events or are Pack Champions at this level... alot to consider and about 48hrs to decide
Understood, but there is only so far you can stretch your budget. I think it is more important to award the top finishers (1st, 2nd and 3rd that is) from each rank and recognize the overall best racers.

Anyways, to me, medals would not be a good award to hand out, unless they are engraved to show that they were from a council race.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

gpraceman wrote:
pack529holycross wrote:I an trying to recognize as many kids as possible, as they have either placed at their District Events or are Pack Champions at this level... alot to consider and about 48hrs to decide
Understood, but there is only so far you can stretch your budget. I think it is more important to award the top finishers (1st, 2nd and 3rd that is) from each rank and recognize the overall best racers.

Anyways, to me, medals would not be a good award to hand out, unless they are engraved to show that they were from a council race.
The ones we got for the District Event had a metallic sticker on back designating each medal. I think that the kids enjoyed recieving them, which is why I wanted to include them as a very low cost way of extending recognition to more than just 1 2 3

http://seminoletrails.com/2009DistrictD ... 20087.html
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:The ones we got for the District Event had a metallic sticker on back designating each medal. I think that the kids enjoyed recieving them, which is why I wanted to include them as a very low cost way of extending recognition to more than just 1 2 3

http://seminoletrails.com/2009DistrictD ... 20087.html
OK then, go with your Example 1.
Randy Lisano

sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Personnally I wish that more cub scouts packs would offer more like what soap box derby does.

What they call the elite 8.

trophies are handed out to all top 8 finishers.

However, I have like to linked, for them also.

Or after 1st 2nd & 3 place finishers. then they handed them out for 4 thru 8th place.

Sporty