I converted my Pack

General race coordinator discussions.
brownboy
Pine Head
Pine Head

I converted my Pack

Post by brownboy »

Hey Stan and others, my pack host the district race here in St. Lucie County FL next weekend, today was a mock race and test and tune for our pack. I talked our Pack Leadership into trying something other than the 2E that our district has used since Moses was in tigers. Great news the new (to us) 5E that I got from this forum was a big hit, and went off without a hitch. I could see the faces of the 5 volunteers change as after the second round they started to grasp and enjoy the method. One guy said "this can't work for real it's too easy". They were also amazed how I could work in the 4 cars that showed up late by putting them in the lowest active group, try that with 2E. Our Pack is in charge of the event, but prior we were going to let the other pack that is bringing a track run 2E, now that our leaders have such a good grasp on running the race, I'll be able to oversee the other pack. Now it looks like we will use this method for all groups competing this weekend. :D

Thanks again for all the great ideas I found here, and esp. Stan for the Valuable brainstorming that made today look easy.
RacerRusty
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: I converted my Pack

Post by RacerRusty »

2E?
5E?

E = Elimination?

Would someone mind educating a newbie?
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: I converted my Pack

Post by Stan Pope »

RacerRusty wrote:2E?
5E?

E = Elimination?

Would someone mind educating a newbie?
2E: Double Elimination (2 heats minimum per car)
5E: Quintuple Elimination (5 heats minimum per car)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"