Pack & District race scheduling

General race coordinator discussions.
JSG
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pack & District race scheduling

Post by JSG »

Our DE sent out the email to pack leaders at 1pm canceling our event and inviting us to the other district's race.

My boys want to race. The using slots rule was the kicker since we drilled axle holes. I hate doing it but we had to pull the axles and cut slots. I think we'll be OK but I hate changing things when they finished 1 & 2 in the pack race separated by 1/1000 of a second. But when I talked to the race coordinator he said they have to enforce their rules which I understand. We'll see how it goes! :bigups:

I wish I could take on running the district race but I'm already my younger son's den leader, organize our PWD, On the committee for my Boy Scout's troop among a few other things for Scout's. It gets a little crazy.
JSG
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by JSG »

Ended up doing great! Both of my boys got 1st in their rank. My web2 got 2nd overall and my wolf finished 3rd overall. :bigups:
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

JSG wrote:I wish I could take on running the district race but I'm already my younger son's den leader, organize our PWD, On the committee for my Boy Scout's troop among a few other things for Scout's. It gets a little crazy.
If your wish is "strong enough", you can recruit and train you successors on some of your current jobs and free up enough time to take on the District PWD!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
JSG
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by JSG »

I've thought about that Stan. It's hard to find people willing to help out though. I like what I do with the pack too. It has a much bigger impact on the boys than district level events IMO.