List of all speed modifications in regards to rules creation

General race coordinator discussions.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: List of all speed modifications in regards to rules crea

Post by Speedster »

I can build a rail rider that would pass inspection with the DFW having Positive camber and toe-in and rears with negative camber. I can't do it with a clear conscience. I don't bring it up in any of my lectures in the Commodore Perry District. I can see some young scout getting disqualified and saying, "Mr. Klingler said we could do that". I would be devastated. Fortunately, I have friends in the Swan Creek District where a legal rail rider can be built. I think I best reserve rail riders to Swan Creek. Thanks to everyone for your comments and advice.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

I would not recommend that you teach them to cheat! I would recommend that you teach them what the rules are and how those rules are interpreted. If the "official interpretation" is that the car passes if the car can be made to sit with its wheels flat on the track, then applying slight camber which still allows the car to pass careful and thorough inspection is the right thing to do, and teaching the technique would be the right thing to do.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

I think we've strayed from topic and the original question has long since been answered to the user's satisfaction?

:unsure:
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.