Huge thanks to Best Track

General race coordinator discussions.
tomormatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Huge thanks to Best Track

Post by tomormatt »

I made another post regarding the mad scramble I am currently in after assuming responsibility for our derby with less than four weeks to go with no track, no timer, and no plan. This is on the heels of a disastrous derby last year and I was unwilling to have a repeat potentially losing a whole group of scouts who would never know how a Pinewood Derby should be.

Long story short, I made the decision to buy a Best Track, Champ Timer, and GPRM software. I was worried about getting everything in time for the derby and emailed Steve at Best Track asking whether they could meet the timeline since the normal build is at least two weeks and shipping would be another week. Steve responded saying they would do the best they could and believe they could meet the deadline.

Steve exceeded expectations and went above and beyond to deliver. The track arrived within nine days. I assembled it today and am a happy customer. The track took some time to assemble the first time, but I am reasonably confident I can do it in a relative short period of time now that all the angle connectors have been aligned and tuned. I installed the software and ran a "trial derby". I am still getting up to speed on the finer points of the software, but I feel much better about having a successful derby.

Thanks to Best Track and thanks to everyone for contributing to my other post. I will be a more frequent poster, but want to make sure that I acknowledge some well deserved thanks.
TXDerbyDad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Huge thanks to Best Track

Post by TXDerbyDad »

Glad to hear! I love hearing about companies taking care of people like this. Good luck with your race!