District level Survey Monkey

General race coordinator discussions.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: District level Survey Monkey

Post by birddog »

Noskills wrote:
Heres a question-should scouts that cross as Web 2 in Feb some to the district as Webs or open child? I am thinking the latter to pass the torch...

Seth
Our District rules specifically allow Webelo IIs who have crossed over into Boy Scouts to come to our District race and run as Webelo IIs.

The Mid-America race also allows this.

It makes sense as otherwise, you would never have any Webelo IIs running in your District race as the District races usually always run after Blue & Gold.

birddog
Brian Clark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brian Clark »

birddog wrote:
Noskills wrote:
Heres a question-should scouts that cross as Web 2 in Feb some to the district as Webs or open child? I am thinking the latter to pass the torch...

Seth
Our District rules specifically allow Webelo IIs who have crossed over into Boy Scouts to come to our District race and run as Webelo IIs.

The Mid-America race also allows this.

It makes sense as otherwise, you would never have any Webelo IIs running in your District race as the District races usually always run after Blue & Gold.

birddog
I agree, don't take away their last chance to run pinewood derby.
rcmoeur
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rcmoeur »

At our District race, we use a 4-lane aluminum track and electronic timing system provided by one of the Packs in the District.

If the boy started the year as a Webelos 2, er, Arrow of Light, then he is fully eligible to race as such, regardless of what his uniform looks like on race day.