Wireless Video Connection

General race coordinator discussions.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wireless Video Connection

Post by gpraceman »

I discovered a cool gadget that allows me to wirelessly connect my laptop to a projector or TV. At my last race of the season, I pulled out my long HDMI cord to connect up to that church's big TV but was showed how I could do so wirelessly from my Windows laptop. I thought that was pretty slick and it worked perfectly during the race.

It is a small dongle with a HDMI plug on one end and a regular USB plug (to power it) on the other. Usually, a TV or projector will have both ports, but if needed, you can use a wall plug USB charger to power the unit. To connect to the video adapter, just go to the Windows Connect feature and select the wireless video adapter. After a few seconds of it connecting, I could see my laptop screen on the TV. Easy peasy. It has a range of 20ft.

I liked it so much that I went and got one for myself. I'll still have my 50ft HDMI cable in my gear tub, but if the projector/TV will be close enough to the laptop, I'll use the wireless adapter and have one less cord to run and to tape down.

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.