Helping pays off

How to have useful construction workshops.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Helping pays off

Post by gpraceman »

It is really nice to see when helping someone to build their car, by providing construction workshops and build advice, helps them to do well in the race. I got this email form one of the dad's from our old pack (I say old only since my boys have moved on to Boy Scouts) who attended a workshop that we (my wife helps a great deal too) hosted recently.
My son is a first year cub scout and this year was our first Pinewood Derby. This was also my first car to help build. Thanks to the advice from Randy, we were able to build a nice car my son would be proud of and also take home the top trophy for Overall Champion. A huge thanks to Randy and DerbyTalk.com!

Tony Raburn
Pack 783
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
As you can see from his email, this site helped as well. :wink:

BTW - This was the second straight year we had EVERY car cross the finish line. Every car even made it across during our test run that was done after check-in on the night before the race.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Helping pays off

Post by ohiofitter »

BTW - This was the second straight year we had EVERY car cross the finish line. Every car even made it across during our test run that was done after check-in on the night before the race.
This is something that we have been doing since we have be in scouts the track is set up at impound and there is about 5 of us that try to make sure all the cars cross...................in the past 7 years weve been doing this I would say wheels set to close and glued wheels are the 2 major culprates of this