church race rules

How to have useful construction workshops.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: church race rules

Post by Speedster »

"Wheels directly across from each other"
The Mid America has added that rule and they put it in RED.

The story I hear is there was a "World Record or World's Fastest car race," yada, yada, where this young man dressed in a scout uniform had a car where one of the front wheels was moved back in front of a rear wheel. He won the race. The man telling me this did not have a picture of the car. I think this is what caused The Mid America to add it to their rules. But then again, I could be wrong.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Speedster wrote:
The story I hear is there was a "World Record or World's Fastest car race," yada, yada, where this young man dressed in a scout uniform had a car where one of the front wheels was moved back in front of a rear wheel. He won the race. The man telling me this did not have a picture of the car. I think this is what caused The Mid America to add it to their rules. But then again, I could be wrong.
I was picturing some funky layout like that with no way of guiding the front on the center divider. Maybe if we keep the 4" WB rule that will be enough to guide the front.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

That car in question was sporting a guide pin in front, FWIW.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

VK That info is worth a lot. That explains why Mid America rules say, "No Guide Pins".
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

That's a clever design. Moving a front wheel to the rear helps shift the COG back.