So, what does your username mean?

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, what does your username mean?

Post by gpraceman »

Sometimes there is a rhyme and reason to a person's username which may not be so obvious. Of course, some are very obvious, like the person's name.

For me, GP stands for Grand Prix (as in Awana Grand Prix) and I was called the Race Man by kids in our Awana club. Our club's Awana Grand Prix is what got me started in this hobby/business.

So, what about your username?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
FAST Racing
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: So, what does your username mean?

Post by FAST Racing »

As my signature says Father And Son Team = F.A.S.T Racing

My son,Rayce (No Joke!), came up with it a while back when
we were working together on his Royal Ranger car "Flaming Chariot"

We had talked about a name for our "Team". I thought we should
call it 'Conifer Racing Cars' a play on pinewood terms. He said that
we build fast cars,and we are a team lets be Father and Son Team!

Almost cried,it was/is a moment I will always cherish.
Father And Son T eam = F.A.S.T. Racing
MSP

Post by MSP »

Mood Swing Productions

my best friend for 20 years had a music productions company,
with various genres of music, thus the "Mood Swing" concept.
he lost his
kidney and was waiting for a transplant, when he passed away. so i have
been using this name for about 15 years now in various mediums.
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mr. Slick »

My screen name is the name that the Cub Scouts gave to the track I built several years ago. It was a change from a 25 year old traditional 32' wood track to the Challenger design aluminum track. They chose the name for the track and I picked it up as a screen name.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

I have 2 boys in Cub Scouts (won the Pack 2 years straight) and I'm the Pack PWD "expert". Who's yo' Daddy!!!! Pinewood Daddy!!!

Actually I was trying to think of a user name and it just popped into my head.
2kids10horses
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by 2kids10horses »

Well, I have two children, and at one time I had 10 horses. (I'm now down to 4 horses.)

Horses act like 2 year old children at times.

We've added to the menagerie: some goats, chickens, bunnies, cats.

I used to own a peacock. That's a cool bird! I wish I could have another, but they're loud. He used to roost up in the low branches of a tree. On occasion he would fly up to the roof of the house. It's pretty amazing to see him fly with that long tail, but he could.
woodenshoe1
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by woodenshoe1 »

I am of strong Dutch heritage. My Dad came over with his family on the boat after WWII. He was one of nine children. Two sisters stayed there because they were already married. My Mom's parents also came from the Netherlands. So you can see it's in the blood. I have fond memories of family gatherings. Hearing my aunts and uncles conversing in Dutch with a little English thrown in just to keep it interesting. Mom and Dad have passed away, along with many of the aunts and uncles. I'm still proud of my roots and often like to say "If you're not Dutch, you're not much". That's probably not to politically correct these days, but oh well.
So in honor of my heritage I decided to go with Wooden Shoe. I thought it was a good "fit".(pun intended)
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

When I was in high school I worked at Hardee's (@ 23 years ago :shock: ). One of the assistant managers always called me Ranman. So, it sort of stuck. Just added the numbers for no particular reason.
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Speaking of nicknames that stick:

Bubba is actually the nickname I gave our youngest boy. The rest of the family calls him Bubba, but my wife has threatened that if this nickname sticks I am in "big trouble". As usual, we spent months rasslin' through what to name the boy, and she really likes the name we gave him (not Bubba).

The funny thing is, last time we had a discussion on the subject was early summer and she was dressing him to go outside in his diaper and a pair of blue jean coveralls, no T-shirt and no shoes. I told her, "if you're gonna dress him like a Bubba, I'm a gonna call him Bubba". She didn't think it was funny. City girls..., go figure.

Anyway, when it comes to competing with his siblings, he is at a bit of a disadvantage in size being the youngest, but is all heart and just does not quit. I have taken to encouraging him from the sidelines with the occasional, you guessed it, "Go Bubba Go!"
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

My nick name, came from my grandpa.

Sporty- He says I was sporty when I was younger, What it all means, I am not for sure.

But took to it. I also owned at one time a sportster.

Sporty
NealOnWheels
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NealOnWheels »

I was a Scoutmaster several years ago when I got myself one of those new fangled cell phone things. I let the Scout's parents know the number if were important they needed to contact the group on outings. It was a bag phone and I never got a battery for it so I could only use it in my car.

One day a parent asked for my number. One scout who had memorized it volunteered to write a note with my number for the parent. Instead of just writing my name on it he spelled out "Neal-On-Wheels". It kind of stuck from there and the whole troop refered to the number this way.

I thought the wheel reference was suitable for this forum.
OneHour
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by OneHour »

OneHour ... that's the hook-line-sinker that got me in this thing called scouting! Going on my 8th year as a scouter and third time in cub scouting. Have been Tiger DL 3 times, Den Leader twice, Cubmaster once, Webelos Den Leader twice, Assistant Scoutmaster ... and all around good guy all the time! :wink: :roll: (Ok ... that's opened for debate).

It only takes 1 hour a week! (so they said)

Yes ... it does ... 1 hour a week for each boy!

- L
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Teeeman »

My name is Terry… thus the T…

My college buddies called me Tman.
(reason: not on this forum!!!... family friendly remember)

Most forums already have a Tman or Teeman on them as registered users… I find Teeeman works in most cases.

-T
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
Tesla_HV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Tesla_HV »

Nikola Tesla, the greatest inventive genious of our time. I work with high-voltage system as they apply to high-power microwave transmitters. As a hobby, I am building a Tesla Coil in my basement to teach my sons the joys of high voltage. I work in one of the only fields where if you screw up, you die. It is actually quite safe if you know what you are doing and respect the equipment.

Gameday
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Gameday »

My handle doesn't have any relation to PWD.

A few years ago I started entering an annual contest called the World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF) and chose Gameday as my handle on their site. I've been using it ever since on other sites I've joined.

For those of you who don't know about fantasy football, it involves assembling a roster of NFL players to compromise an entire team and you accumulate points based on how the actual players do during their games. The guys who are most successful at this generally have a very good handle on pro football as well as a very good grounding in statistical analysis.

At any rate, the WCOFF is sort of like the World Championship of Poker in that it's held in Vegas every year and attracts the guys who think they're at the top of the heap. The top prize is several hundred thousand $$'s and it's generated huge participation as well as visibility to the geeks like me who enjoy it.

I joined with a co-manager and during the first season we had the top scoring team and set a scoring record that hasn't been matched during the 6 years it's been in existance.

Anyhow, it's kind of a silly story but there you have it.