Robot Arm Kit

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Robot Arm Kit

Post by gpraceman »

Got a robot arm kit recently. Had fun with my boys putting it together. Now they are having fun playing with it, picking up Hot Wheels cars, setting them on their track and giving them a push start down the hill.

It's a fun project and was only $46.98 from Amazon. There is even an add-on that you can get to control the robot through the computer. Make up your own programs to run the robot through some tasks.

https://youtu.be/
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Robot Arm Kit

Post by Stan Pope »

Neat! Do you have plans to interface it to your track so that it resets the start pins and stages the cars?
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Robot Arm Kit

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:Neat! Do you have plans to interface it to your track so that it resets the start pins and stages the cars?
Now, that would be cool. Alas, PWD cars are just too big for this to pick up.

I saw one with the same gripper unit, but has 6 wheels and looks like a beetle. Maybe the next robotics project for me and the boys.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.