Den leader gift (after 5 years)

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
BlackLotus
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Den leader gift (after 5 years)

Post by BlackLotus »

I know it's off topic but this board has helped my son and I build two first place, one second place and one third place PWD cars.

After four full years in the scouts, my son is entering his fifth year. The den leader has stayed with these boys even after her own son dropped out for over 1 year because of her dedication. They have all kinds of attendance awards, and always have at least one boy place in the top three in PWD, Rockets, and Regatta. Sometimes this den captures all three podium spots for these events. She even took the initiative to head the only Cubmobile event.

My question is, are there any suggestions for a parting gift when these boys move on to Boy Scouts? As a soccer and football coach, I can tell you I value team signed balls far more than any other token I have received but, is there something particularly special in the scout ranks for an outstanding den leader?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Den leader gift (after 5 years)

Post by gpraceman »

A wooden walking stick signed by the scouts is something that our pack has given out.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

Take a PWD car, and slice in half from front to back (leaving a left and right). Mount 1/2 to a plaque with their name, years served, kids signed, or whatever else comes to mind.

This makes for a very 'dimensional' looking plaque. You can make the slice on a slight subtle angle, so the car appears to be coming out of the plaque, etc. Clean up the graphite well if using a 'seasoned' car, or use the chance for several boys to collaborate on a new car build with nice paint job, etc. Have some new wheels and shiny axle heads, etc.

Esp if they are still in scouts (Boy Scouts, Venturing, etc) then a walking stick is also an excellent idea.
Louie41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Louie41 »

Our pack has traditionally given a scout store plaque and other trinket. I like the personal touch of some of the other suggestions myself.