Any Civil War buffs on DT?

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Any Civil War buffs on DT?

Post by Noskills »

I am guessing by the fact that many of us are involved in scouting that there are history buffs out there and looking at where many of you live I am guessing there are Civil War buffs too. I love the Civil War. I can spit in any direction and hit an important site in my neck of the woods. :D
I am thinking of a Civil War themed car and would like to hear suggestions. My idea thus far is a wedge with half painted blue and half grey along the long axis. I want to paint a thin flame along the length of the car where the blue and grey come together. Also will put a confederate battle flag over the grey and a US flag over the blue. Maybe matching blue and grey paint on the "hub caps".

Any other ideas? I wanted to make a minie ball but it would be too narrow unless I really shortened the wheel base.

Noskills (Seth)
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Any Civil War buffs on DT?

Post by Speedster »

Make the car as wide as you legally can. Separate the car in half, top and bottom. Paint "Pickett's Charge" as if viewed from 500 feet in the air. Carve the terrain in the car.
I'll bet you can do it.