Rangemaster requirements

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
goldrush
Journeyman
Journeyman

Rangemaster requirements

Post by goldrush »

Good day all,

I have been unable to find any published requirements for becoming an Archery Rangemaster and Airgun Rangemaster (I assume one or the other will cover slingshots). I am really interested in Scouts Canada info, but I have just heard back from Ottawa............and they have nothing???

Beyond that I am sure BSA, NRA and associations like that will have some documents I can peruse, and then hopefully I can ask more pointed and knowledgable queries. Googling has been a slow process to find course info on these subjects (in Canada).

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Gerry
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Rangemaster requirements

Post by Stan Pope »

BSA has a well established program for Archery and BB-Gun Range Director training, including a "camp school" program for training those who can then train and certify those Range Directors. BSA published a nice reference book for those Range Directors. It is oriented around Cub Scout Day Camp programs. Perhaps a call to BSA HQ would get the info you are looking for.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Rangemaster requirements

Post by Rukkian »

I know this probably does not help you, but I have been through the training twice (gotta recertify every 2 years) for rangemaster in the Northern Star Council (Minnesota) before we moved. The program was 4 hours for BB Gun, 4 hours for Archery on the same day. I am not sure how you get certified to teach the class, and it was only good at that council.