Sleestak and Speedster

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Sleestak and Speedster

Post by Speedster »

Please allow me to explain why Racer Sleestak said what he said about me. First, I am not upset with him in anyway. The Pinewood Derby is my year around hobby and it has been for the past 34 years. Yes, I have a 2 lane Best track in my garage and it is never taken down.
Racer Sleestak started out giving me the impression money was no object. He wants 1st place. I quickly suggested 2 tools that totaled about $25.00 and some ROUND wheels for $8.95. I have a large supply of these things because I offer them for sale, my cost, at the multiple workshops I do or to anyone who calls me. I absorb the buyers shipping cost and they get it immediately. This is my hobby. I spend money on my hobby. I don't want to make a profit on anything. I do not need the money. I do not push the sale of my things on anyone. My intent on selling things is solely to save someone money. My intent on selling Racer Sleestak parts was to simply put various things in one box and mailing them all at once. There would be one shipping charge that would probably be $7.50 instead of buying parts that might be from various Vendors. He originally bought a model that was already weighted and to be fair that probably is not going to take 1st place. If a person is obsessed with a 1st place win, that person needs to ask questions before they do anything, and I mean anything. Remember, He wants 1st place. ANY model his daughter would have picked out I would have worked with him to do our Best. I work with Girl Scout troops and I assure you their cars are not all Big Bulky cars and covered with Glitter. He has very lenient rules and he probably is going to come up against racers who have been racing Cub Scout races for years. I told him I was going to be Blunt and it somehow turned into "I wanted to sell him things". I'm sorry for that. Even though experienced racers put together a very fast car quickly, they have a picture of that car finished in their minds. Actually, there are many different , separate, things to decide on. Following Science, what are you going to do on each operation?

If you will go to The Mid America Race, look at the shape of the scout cars and then look at the Finish times of those cars for the first six of them. Some, or all, of the Dad's of those scout cars have daughters.
Thank you for reading this. Really, I'm not a Bad Guy.
I wish you all The Very Best.
Bill (Speedster)