Looking for Old Derby Magic Single Lane Track

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
zahnarzt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looking for Old Derby Magic Single Lane Track

Post by zahnarzt »

Does anyone have any of the old single test lane Derby Magic yellow plastic track for sale? I inherited a test track that works great but is quite short.
I'm looking to add length but am told the new track will not work with the old.

Thanks!

Z
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Looking for Old Derby Magic Single Lane Track

Post by Speedster »

You might want to put this in Derbytalk's Trading Post. That is probably frequently visited.
I'm just curious. How long is the track and do you have a timer for it? If the track is around 30 feet long you'll be in good shape. If a car is fast at the 30 foot length it probably will be fast at the 36 foot length. Not always, but more often then not. I would think any section of a Derby Magic track would work assuming they stayed with a 1 5/8" guide strip. Plastic is easy to cut with a saw. If all you need is a straight length of track it's easy to make one out of a piece of plywood and some Pine lattice strip.
I wish you well.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Moved to the appropriate forum.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
zahnarzt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by zahnarzt »

Speedster wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 pm You might want to put this in Derbytalk's Trading Post. That is probably frequently visited.
I'm just curious. How long is the track and do you have a timer for it? If the track is around 30 feet long you'll be in good shape. If a car is fast at the 30 foot length it probably will be fast at the 36 foot length. Not always, but more often then not. I would think any section of a Derby Magic track would work assuming they stayed with a 1 5/8" guide strip. Plastic is easy to cut with a saw. If all you need is a straight length of track it's easy to make one out of a piece of plywood and some Pine lattice strip.
I wish you well.

Hi! The track is about 25' long, and I have a timer. The timer works with GPRM but not the native Derby Magic program. Thanks!