The Judge Electronic timer FOR SALE

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
ncnightmare

The Judge Electronic timer FOR SALE

Post by ncnightmare »

I have a 2 lane Judge timer. It is fitted for the Piantedosi tracks. It has the accessories to hook it up to your computer at the starting gate. It is in EXCELLENT condition. Barely used. I spent nearly $300 for it but will let it go for $175 shipped.

Feel free to call me with any questions 336-337-2489

John

hei@triad.rr.com
Littlejon
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: The Judge Electronic timer FOR SALE

Post by Littlejon »

Well, if it were a three lane setup, I might take it off your hands! Since I am just up the road from you, it is still tempting nonetheless!

Good luck on selling it! I hope this isn't because you have a Pack going under.
ncnightmare

Post by ncnightmare »

If it is tempting, what price would make it too tempting for you to resist? I don't want it to just sit and have no use.
Littlejon
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Littlejon »

If I thought we could modify it to fit our track, I might present it to the committee. As it is, I don't think it would be feasible. We also don't have a Piantedosi track (ours is wooden) so it might be even more difficult to modify for us.
PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD »

How is it fitted to the track? I have a two lane BestTrack. Wonder if it would fit? Does it display the times on top of the lanes? What is the starting mechnism and how does it attach?

Thanks!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Getting the timer and start switch to mount to the track shouldn't be much of a problem. The main issue would be the lane spacing, since New Directions does make timers for a variety of lane spacings.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD »

Went to the web site for the timer and it looks like the lane spacing is the same for the BestTrack and Freedom tracks. So I was thinking that would work. It is not clear if it comes with the E.T. option.

I am comparing this to just buying a single lane, Judge, timer which is $139. The $139 comes with the E.T. option.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

PWD wrote:Went to the web site for the timer and it looks like the lane spacing is the same for the BestTrack and Freedom tracks.
Not necessarily. It depends on what lane spacing was specified when the timer was ordered. In this case, ncnightmare did state that the timer was fitted for a Pinatedosi track, then the lane spacing should be 3-1/2", which would work on a BestTrack.
ncnightmare wrote:I spent nearly $300 for it but will let it go for $175 shipped.
~$300 is pretty steep for a two lane timer. What options does it have? Elapsed time display? Sunlight max option?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ncnightmare

Post by ncnightmare »

Sorry, I didnt get emailed that I had replies to my post. I got most of the options for the timer. I am not sure which timers you are pricing but the judge and wizard are both all over $300 unless you just get the unit itself. Addin all the cables and accesories you need and BLAM! $300.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Sorry I did not see this post earlier, but if you would help to make this unit into a 3 lane with 3.5" spacing, I will do so for $20. Just send the Judge itself and the illuminator assembly.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge