WOOD Track For Sale

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
DerbyStanger
Journeyman
Journeyman

WOOD Track For Sale

Post by DerbyStanger »

Still looking to sell my wood track....4 lanes. Asking $150.. Only problem is I can NOT ship this thing..needs to be picked up...S. FL .

Thanks
RC
Will create a good sig when I feel Like it :lol:
Hurly64
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: WOOD Track For Sale

Post by Hurly64 »

I know its a hassle shipping a track, but it can be done. You'll widen your market if you are willing to ship. I just shipped a used two-laner via UPS across the country. I wrapped it up in saran-wrap type strapping to keep it together, and then wrapped the whole thing up in a 4 x 8 cardboard sheet. I heard it arrived in one piece. And this was during UPS' busiest and most hectic time of year, the week before CHristmas. Take a look at Best Track's website, they show how they ship their tracks. At the size of your track, UPS will charge you for a minimum of 90 pounds, just due to the size. They will ship stuff that big and heavy, but, buyer beware, the shipping will cost nearly as much as the track.
gbeutel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gbeutel »

DerbyStanger,

I am very interested in your track and live in S. Florida (north of WPB). I believe I have seen pics of the track (not painted, next to a pool) but would like to confirm this is your track. Also, do the support legs fold for transport/storage? The track will be going to Cub Scout Pack 420 in St. Lucie county. If possible, I'd like to pickup this weekend.

Thanks
DerbyStanger
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by DerbyStanger »

WOW...that was fast. The problem is Im still using it to test my cars for the season, so I cant part with it until I order my new track...They say it takes 4-6 weeks to get it in. If you can wait we can work something out, but it sounds like you probably cant... The legs DO fold... I have the track standing upright in my office.

Email me if you need to discuss more.

robmaria@bellsouth.net

Thanks
RC
Will create a good sig when I feel Like it :lol:
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Maybe you two could work something out so gbeutel could use it for his (her?) race. Then arranage for final delivery once you get your new track.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.