Parallel Timer for Sale

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
altontoth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Parallel Timer for Sale

Post by altontoth »

I have for sale a Parallel Port Timer, built using a modified version of Randy Lisano's plans. Used RCA jacks for interfacing with both the start switch and the solenoid. I used RJ-45 Jacks for the interfaces with the light tree and the finish line, straight through cables are all you need! I've used this thing with a 100' cable and it worked great....haven't figured out if there really is a length limit. Purchase includes:

-The controller
-The finish line sensors (used an overhead light as the IR source)
-Finish line box
-Power Adapter (12 VDC)
-Parallel Cable
-Free support / dcumentation (before I ship this thing, I will make sure I document everything for the new owner. I will also provide Email support for hardware problems)

Does NOT include:
-Starting Light Tree (never got built, despite having it built in the controller)
-Solenoid (In Vancouver BC, this was a part I had to custom order and have shipped up here. No money can make up for the hassle I went through for that)
-Starting gate switch (built as a unit with the Solenoid...Sorry!)

Selling for $50 + shipping. I will ship anywhere in the continental North America. Located in Vancouver, BC. Any questions, please message me. This timer worked fantastically for two racing seasons, but due to the lack of parallel support in GPRM 7, I've chosen to build a USB timer from scratch.

Update: timer has been scrapped and recycled / scavenged for parts.