Want to buy wheels

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
RonJ
Journeyman
Journeyman

Want to buy wheels

Post by RonJ »

I'm looking to buy about a dozen wheels and axles if anybody has some extras they'd like to sell. I have a track to set up in my barn so my daughters can build and race PWD cars just like their brother does.

You think that will help justify the track purchase to my wife? Sounds much better than telling her I bought a track just so we could make unlimited practice runs to modify the cars before the derby..lol..
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Want to buy wheels

Post by Stan Pope »

RonJ wrote:I'm looking to buy about a dozen wheels and axles if anybody has some extras they'd like to sell. I have a track to set up in my barn so my daughters can build and race PWD cars just like their brother does.

You think that will help justify the track purchase to my wife? Sounds much better than telling her I bought a track just so we could make unlimited practice runs to modify the cars before the derby..lol..
Assume you talk of Cub Scout wheels... the quick and easy approach for this is the "wheel kit" form the local scout shop ... 5 wheels and 5 axles but no wood. Somewhere around $3/kit.

If you buy our leftovers, you are probably getting the mold numbers that most folks don't want. From the scout shop, you have a random mix of wheels (unless they let folks cull through the boxes ... a practice that I think is being closed by sealing the packages.)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you don't mind rejects, some of the online suppliers might be willing to sell you some of their reject wheels. They pick through a ton of wheels and filter out the best to prep and sell and the rest go in the trash.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ohiofitter »

Gp do they just trash them.is there no way to salvage the wheel to make them decent and sell as a second hand wheel or something.or maybe as test wheels
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

ohiofitter wrote:Gp do they just trash them.is there no way to salvage the wheel to make them decent and sell as a second hand wheel or something.or maybe as test wheels
Maybe MaxV or RacerX can jump in, but that is the impression that I have.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Post by MaxV »

I have at least a bucketful of reject wheels. They are mostly those that have a strong left-right wiggle when spun. You really can't do much with them, other than use them on cars that won't be raced again (thus freeing up the existing wheels for another race). I know that RacerX is now including two reject wheels with every Pro-Wheel Shaver XT -- they are used as practice wheels.

In the past, I have sold buckets of these to folks looking for inexpensive wheels for a local fun race.

If you are interested, send me an email.
dstory
Merchant
Merchant

Post by dstory »

Our manufacturer sends us virtually zero rejects. They check the mold regularly during a production run to check for problems. This results in higher quality results. The good news is that we have consistently high-quality wheels. The bad news is that we don't have any rejects to give away.
WarpSpeedINC
Merchant
Merchant

Post by WarpSpeedINC »

RonJ wrote:I'm looking to buy about a dozen wheels and axles if anybody has some extras they'd like to sell. I have a track to set up in my barn so my daughters can build and race PWD cars just like their brother does.

Shoot me a PM,
I have some machined wheels that have slight cosmetic blems I will send you for free. They will be perfect for the girls!
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing!
RonJ
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by RonJ »

Warp, PM sent..Thank You!...