Oil for Sale [SOLD]

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Oil for Sale [SOLD]

Post by murphken »

Hey Scout Dads,
I am selling some of my oil for Pinewood Derby Racing. My Son (Shawn) and I used to race in cub scouts and league racing under "SLT" and "TNR" Racing. Shawn finished Cub Scouts last year when he attained his Arrow of Light.

We quit league racing last January. I am an engineer and have done extensive work in tribology or the study of oil. I have some very good fluids, oils and oil/fluid mixtures that I no longer need and will be selling.

Currently, I have six bottles of SLT-D1 fluid for sale. There is one dram (approximately 1 gram) of fluid in a 5 ml needle tipped bottle. This "D1" fluid is from an old lot of perfluorinated fluid that has superior lubricity over Krytox. Most importantly, the oil is slightly less viscous than Krytox GPL-100. This fluid was extremely expensive at the time of purchase when compared to Krytox oil.

This fluid works best when applied the day of the race. However, it will also work very well if you apply several days before and keep the car in a plastic bag or sealed environment.

The cost of the fluid and shipping is $25.00 which can be paid though Paypal. I will have more oils and fluids for sale in the immediate future. I am waiting on bottles. I will have some more D1 for sale. Additionally, I will have some oil/fluid mixtures that will have superior lubricity and slightly lower viscosity than Krytox. The oil/fluid mixtures will cost $22.00, shipping included. We raced with all of these oils/fluids with pretty good results. Send me PM if interested. I will post when I get more bottles and prepare for shipping.

I have plenty of posts on Derby Talk if you want to see our background. We started our Pinewood Derby venture learning through Derby Talk and really caught the PWD fever for about 3 years. We had fun and learned a lot about racing these little wooden cars!
Thank you kindly,
Murph and Shawn
SLT & TNR
SHINING LIGHT Pinewood Derby & Audio
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Oil for Sale (Sold)

Post by murphken »

This lot of oil has been sold.
Thanks,
Murph