BestTrack 35 ft Single Lane Track for Sale (Central NJ) SOLD

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
srihari.gopal
Apprentice
Apprentice

BestTrack 35 ft Single Lane Track for Sale (Central NJ) SOLD

Post by srihari.gopal »

Edited 8/5/14: NOW SOLD

Hello:

My kids have recently finished cub scouts and our Pinewood derby days are over. I purchased a 35 foot Test track (manufactured by Best Track) in 2010. The track is single lane, but has room for another lane to be added. Additional lengths of track can be purchased in 7' lengths from the manufacturer if needed.

Also included is a digital timer that shows elapsed time. The timer is manufactured by MicroWizard and is the single lane K3 timer version with the Computer Serial Interface Package. This lets you hook up the track to your computer via a serial to USB connection. Includes all the wires to connect the track to the starting gate, as well as a serial/USB cable to connect to your computer. This allows downloading the times directly to your computer. Both of my kids won first place in their pack derbies using this track. It was essential for fine tuning the axels, wobbling, etc prior to the actual race.

As a bonus I'm including a box of supplies that I bought over the years to help with the car building process. This will include: Pro wheel mandrel, Pro Wheel Shaver, Pro Outer Hub Shaver, Pro-axle guide, Pro axle press, Pro rail rider tool, Precision Wheel Balancer, Car Balance stand (center of gravity finder), Wheel Alignment tool, Tungsten, Graphite, Speed axles, Wheel bore polish/pipe cleaners, Pin vise, Hob-E Molybdenum lube. These additional supplies probably cost me another $150-$200.

I do have the original box that the Best Track came in (see pics below), and the aluminum track fits within it easily, however will need to ship the timer and other parts separately. Shipping would depend on how far away you live from me, and the method of shipping, but I estimate would cost about $60-70 to ship.

I bought the track for $305 and timer for $250. I am willing to sell everything (track + timer +supplies) for $300. Shipping will cost extra. Local pickup preferred. I live in central NJ (Princeton area). Links to photos are provided below:

Pictures of the track:

Pictures of Timer:

Picture of Box:
Last edited by srihari.gopal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: BestTrack 35 ft Single Lane Track for Sale (Central NJ)

Post by birddog »

Wow, great deal for somebody. Wish someone had a deal like this when I was looking to buy a track. Given I already own one of these, I don't need another.

Good luck with your sale. It should sell easily (although I suspect not a lot of folks snooping around for tracks yet this early in the "off season").

birddog
knotthed
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by knotthed »

Check your pm
srihari.gopal
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by srihari.gopal »

Hello all - thanks for viewing. The track above is now SOLD.