I design and build derby timers as a hobby. If you haven't already purchased a timer I can probably build one for you or help you build one. Just send me the details on your BestTrack track. For starters, I would need the following info:
1. Track dimensions: Total width, individual lane width, distance between lane centers
2. Are optical lane sensors already installed at the finish line?
3. Does the start gate have an electric switch already installed?
4. Do you want numeric displays to display the time and/or finish order (extra cost)?
5. If yes to #4, we can discuss display options.
My timers use the Arduino UNO microcontroller, provide race times down to the millisecond and provide a serial connection to your PC. I can provide you a version that operates with a software program that I developed or a version that interfaces with the commercially available GrandPrix Race Management Software by Lisano Enterprises.
If interested, send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org