5 Lane Track Setup Needed ASAP

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
SecondLady
Apprentice
Apprentice

5 Lane Track Setup Needed ASAP

Post by SecondLady »

Hello, this is my first post and I apologize for just jumping in here with this request without a formal introduction. I might as well give a brief one here:

I met a woman on Match.com three years ago, and fell in love. She was a Den Leader in a Cub Scout Pack that was falling apart. I urged her to step up as Cubmaster, which she did. The Charter organization gave us very little support and at the end tore down their community building leaving us literally out in the cold. After much consideration and tense deliberation with the charter organization, we moved the Pack to a new home. They kept all of the money the parents had given in good faith for registration, they kept the Pack trailer, supplies, flag, everything associated with the Pack- even the Pinewood Derby Track which is sitting in someone's garage. Every scout left that organization. They have no Pack to replace the one that left them and no reason to keep the money or track except out of spite. As it looks now, and because of how they treated our Pack, I don't see how they will ever have another in the future.

We are looking to either borrow or purchase another track which we will need to use in about 3 weeks. With Blue and Gold just around the corner, we are struggling to make this all happen for the boys.

I would like to add though that since we have left the previous "owners" of the Pack (I say owners because it was made very clear to us by the Charter Rep at a December meeting in 2015 that they owned this Pack), we have doubled in size and added a Lions Den.

We've been asking the parents to help with fund raising and to support the Pack but are concerned that asking for more would be too much for some.

If there is anything you can do to help us out it would be greatly appreciated. If you have a track that you can only sell, please keep in mind that the money would be coming out of my pocket and not from the Pack- in other words, have some pity on a poor man. :lol:

As far as my username- I joked that I was First Lady when someone asked about my role in the Pack, but was corrected by our Committee Chair that her husband is actually First Lady, making me Second Lady. :rofl:

I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning a lot on this forum.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 5 Lane Track Setup Needed ASAP

Post by Speedster »

SecondLady, Welcome to Derbytalk.
You are 548 miles from me. It is an 8 hour, 26 minute trip with fuel costs about $36.30. There is a Motel 1/2 mile from my house where you can rest for a night if you choose.

I have a 3 Lane, 30 foot, wood Piantedosi track, Brake track, Judge timer, computer hook up, manual start, and storage box. Everything is in perfect condition. I will include a 2 step bench for the short scouts to stand on to stage their cars, an ounce/gram scale, new batteries for the scale, an inspection station. You can get software from the owner of Derbytalk and I'm sure it will reach you in plenty of time for your race. Pictures of the track can be seen in the Trading Post on Derbytalk. You will need nothing to run your race other then a computer. If you have a pickup truck with an 8 foot bed or a trailer, that's all you need. We can wrap the storage box in plastic in the event of bad weather. The cost for all this is $500.00 and the price is Firm. I live approximately 15 miles from Exit 5 of the Ohio Turnpike. When you exit the turnpike I will come and get you. I require cash, no checks of any kind, please.
We have replaced the Classic Piantedosi track with a 4 Lane Best track, Champ timer, leveling kit, and electric start. The storage box has yet to be built. Our cost so far is $2200.00 plus what it will cost to build the storage box. Compare that to what you will be getting for $500.00.
If interested, please email me. I hope everything works out for you and your scouts.
Best
Speedster
SecondLady
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SecondLady »

The missus feels that a 3 lane track would be too few for us considering all the new scouts we have. Depending on how things work out, it may be an excuse to go see my dad who lives near Akron- a trip we've taken a few times already this year. I'll keep this in mind, and thank you so much for taking the time to post this for us.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

SecondLady wrote:The missus feels that a 3 lane track would be too few for us considering all the new scouts we have. Depending on how things work out, it may be an excuse to go see my dad who lives near Akron- a trip we've taken a few times already this year. I'll keep this in mind, and thank you so much for taking the time to post this for us.
For what it is worth, a 5 lane track (like you were seeking) is not necessarily going to run a race faster than a 3-lane. The issue lies in the fact that for a race to be fair, all cars need to run on all of the lanes. Thus, the more lanes you have, the more heats are going to be required to make certain that every car gets its run in. So while 5 lanes lets more cars run at once, it also ups the number of races each car requires.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

SecondLady,

Please refer to this thread about the number of track lanes.

http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6084
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I understood everything in the thread gpraceman referred me to except one thing. Stan, How do you make "yeast rolls"? Or, should I start a new Topic?
Thanks for all the information. It was very educational.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Speedster wrote: Stan, How do you make "yeast rolls"? Or, should I start a new Topic?
Thanks for all the information. It was very educational.
Yeast rolls are basically just bread dough that's made into rolls and allowed to rise before baking. So, different from something like biscuits, that rise due to soda or something.
SecondLady
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SecondLady »

LOL!!! I can't wait to share this with the Cubmaster! :D